Spring Clean Your Life: How To Freshen Up Your Mind, Body & Home
Written By: Mary Margaret
It is finally Spring which means warmer weather, longer days and sunshine! It also means time to Spring Clean. Here are some awesome tips to clean not just your home, but every part of your life for a fresh start!
- Get rid of clothes that don’t make you feel your best. Donate clothes that are too big and don’t flatter your figure. Store clothes that you love but are too small, use it as motivation.
- Clean out your phone of photos you don’t want, contacts you don’t speak to and apps you don’t use. Same with Facebook. Delete photos you don’t like and remove groups and friends you don’t associate with.
- Clean up that endless pile of mail. Organize bills and store them in a shoebox. Will look better and make you feel less stressed.
- Knick-Knacks. I am guilt of Hoarding these. Get rid of them, if they don’t go with your decor than chuck them. Or if you really can’t part ways, put them in a storage box. One box, not 7.
Be Happier & De-Stress
- Stop associating yourself with toxic people, stop arguing and stop judging. Only keep people in your circle that make you feel good, who are a positive influence and don’t make you feel anything less than your best.
- Job causing you un-needed stress? Organize your computer, keep a planner or a calendar. Communicate your issues. Or if all else fails and you’re truly not happy, look for a new job.
- Set up a financial plan. Get a bit overwhelmed and lost in your pile of monthly bills? Keep a schedule so you will never forget a payment. Don’t spend till you know your bills are payed for that week.
- Take up a new hobby. Sewing, painting and archery. Whatever gives you that thrill of life. Do something that makes you feel proud.
- Make a travel wish-list. Nothing too extreme but something obtainable. Parks, museums, specific locations that peak your interest.
- Get outside, the sun is a huge mood-booster. Whether you are doing yard work, or sight-seeing, be out in the sun and enjoy it.
- Cut down on TV time, if you are going to watch TV, make it a feel-good movie.
- Read the book “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie, it’s fantastic and will make you feel confident in meeting new people.
- Yes, meet new people, always be social, you never know what influence someone will have on your life.
- Update your style. Get a fresh haircut, update your makeup, get a few new outfits that make you feel great.
- Make a mental note to smile more. We all have a case of cabin fever with the cold weather and snow. Now that the weather will get warmer and nicer, more daylight, make sure you smile more. The best confidence boost.
- Cut out soda for good. Drink water or seltzer instead.
- Join a gym, take a few classes.
- Go for a bike ride or a long walk, make it a social event. Do a marathon walk to support a good cause.
- Join a support group or gather friends to lose weight and get in shape together. Make a game out of it. Friendly competition is great for obtaining a goal.
- Clean out your refrigerator and cabinets of food that are unhealthy and unwanted. Don’t buy those bad items again!
- Cut out fast food. If you have a craving or are going with friends, get healthy options and allow yourself one cheat food, size SMALL. This way you satisfy your craving without going overboard.
- Make smoothies your friend. I love going to the park and ordering a smoothie.
- Go to a fresh market. Yes, the produce aisle in the supermarket is easy and fine to shop, but fresh markets are wonderful with fantastic, quality foods!
- After your done de-cluttering, redecorate, move furniture and repaint. Give your home a whole new look.
- Plant flowers. Buy plants for inside the house too. Brighten up your home.